I was doing some thinking about alternatives to the Firewall-by-default language in Eclipse Phase. A Firewall campaign offers a lot of benefits, namely:
- Unified groups and a rudimentary hierarchy.
- System-wide (really, galaxy-wide) opportunities.
- Clear mission goals.
- Intelligence Communities: TAHI (Jovians), Fleet Intelligence (Titanians), and Project Ozma (Planetary Consortium) all have specific missions and hierarchies, although they are limited in their politics. Still, you could get a long-standing campaign out of these.
- Love and Rage Collective or Pathfinder: As an extension to the gatecrasher campaign, you could have an episodic set of adventures by tying the group to a larger gatecrashing entity. Take your pick, outer system or inner.
- Ultimates or Argonauts: There's a little more structure with these, but it requires all the PCs buy into the philosophy.