Does anyone have much experience with flexbots? It is something that has taken my interest again recently. I have been rereading the transhuman play test and comparing them to the released rules. However, there are some things that I'm still having difficulty with.
I have a few questions:
1. Does anyone use the rules in the Transhuman book? Do you use some other rule system? Do you make things up as needed?
2. Does the price of flexbots affect you using them? They aren't cheap so I imagine that it is difficult to get more than a few of them without running out of money (or favors).
3. Things like chameleon skin and synthetic mask require that every module in a flexbot to have that augment, or it doesn't work for the flexbot. Likewise, medichines only work for the host module. Has anyone had any problem with needing to buy the same augment multiple times?
4. I'm finding it difficult to justify why you should get a flexbot. The way their advantages work, I'm finding it difficult to determine why you should want to get a flexbot instead of getting a single large synthmorph with similar augments (including shape shifting). Aside from some min/maxing or munchkining ideas that I came up with, but I'm not sure if that would count as cheating.
5. Is there anything that you think that the rules didn't cover?
I suppose my big problem is with the modular construction augment, not the shape shifting augment. Any answers or help would be appreciated.