My players have been kidnapping people (or their stacks, at least) and doing interrogating lately and I'm interested in the forum's ideas and thoughts on how to do this or prevent it from happening to you. Here's what I have so far:
Assuming that you can overpower your target, their muse is one major obstacle. The muse can cry for help over the Mesh even when the target is totally engaged in combat. Knocking the target out is one possibility but the muse only has a 25% chance of being taken out when a target's damage hits their Durability and only a 75% chance when the target is killed (2e p265). So one option is to kill the target but not so much that their stack is destroyed, possibly going for head shots to make sure that the Mesh inserts are destroyed (p265) -- stacks are pretty tough, so they should be able to survive many attacks that kill the morph.
- attack when the target is isolated from the Mesh
- use shock weapons (which are incredibly incapacitating to biomorphs anyway) which temporarily incapacitate implanted systems, so the muse can't call out (p251, though I can't find any details on this...)
- jam the target's wireless communications, using jammer ammo (p211) or some other technique (p270, for instance)
- use EMP grenades to fry the target's antennas (p212)
- slip a prisoner mask over their head (p338)
- all manner of hacking shenanigans
Giving someone Blab (p334) and then just asking them questions is pretty standard with my players. If you have their stack you can upload the target's mind into whatever you want and ask away.
Unless you have a dead switch (p320) everyone can kill you and take your stack; there is no other RAW way to just turn off backups to your stack or wipe it as far as I can tell.
- psychosurgery (p296)
- is that it?