- Making an old brain young by regenerating neural plasticity
- Tandem warheads for defeating reactive armor
- Organic sugar molecules could point to alien life
- Material discovered that's almost as hard as diamond and slicker than teflon
- What a mere 10 years of abundant computing will bring us
- Blackmage asked on the forums:
Off the top of my head I would like to see more on morphs. They're one of the core elements of the game(as far as I have seen) but I don't think we heard or seen much of them but that the effect physical stats/skills. It be interesting to see how they work and what can morphs do. It also be nice to see an example of a morph.
One of the ideas we had from the beginning when designing Eclipse Phase was to highlight resleeving, or the ability to digitally emulate your mind, upload it into a computer, and download it into another body. This raised the question of what characteristics stayed with/were determined by the character (the "ego"), as they moved from body to body, and which stayed with/were determined by the meat (the "morph"), or metal in the case of robot bodies.
- Here's a preview of a particular morph (body) in EP -- the bouncer. Bouncers are adapted for microgravity environments, so they are more limber and have prehensile toes for grabbing things with their feet. This picture actually shows a bouncer in a gravity environment, using their feet to hold on. This piece is by Daniel Clarke, who's doing a bunch of our other sample character/morph pieces. (Click for bigger version.)