I'll be honest, I haven't been that impressed with the alternative character generation system in the transhuman playtest. I thought I'd try my hand at it. I haven't play-tested it, but it should be functionally equivalent with the core system and mainly streamlines the core system by reducing the number of points to fiddle with. Here we go.
1. Choose Background and Faction as normal.
2. Set all aptitudes to 15. Move points around to create 10s and 20s if desired.
3. Add free moxie point, 50 rep, 5000 credits, and free language (70 + INT).
4. Choose either method for assigning skills.
a) Choose top 4 active knowledge and 3 knowledge skills, set to 40.
Choose 4 secondary active skills and 3 knowledge skills, set to 30.
Choose 4 tertiary active skills and 3 knowledge skills, set to 20.
Choose 4 hobby active skills and 3 knowledge skills, set to 10.
b) Assign 40 active skill ranks and 30 knowledge skill ranks to skills with values no higher than 4.
Multiply skill ranks by 10.
5. Add aptitude, skill level, background bonuses, and faction bonuses together. Make sure no skill is above 80. Find any skill above 60, reduce overflow beyond 60 by half (eg. 70 -> 65), or count the number of ranks above 60 and save for later as "skill overflow." Reduce the skill rank for social skills by half for infolifes. Move any other ranks around to be consistent with the core rules.
6. Choose 4 of the following. You may select the same option more than once. Remember to count "skill overflow" for any skill that exceeds 60.
Lucky - 3 extra moxie, +5 cp.
Wealthy - 50,000 credits.
Connected - +30 to any networking, 200 Rep.
Skilled - choose another skill at 30 and a second skill at 20.
Talented - add 5 aptitude points.
Flexible - +50 CP
7. Spend 100 CP as normal for customization plus any CP gained in step 6 minus any "skill overflow" counted in step 5. Buy morph, traits, specializations, psi slights, extra moxie, rep, gear, etc.
8. Choose motivations and finalize character.