As the business end-of-year approaches, we are faced with a small task that every publisher hates: disposing of damaged copies of our books. It costs us between $5 and $10 to print a typical Eclipse Phase book (just printing, not including any of the costs to write, illustrate, edit, layout, index, etc.,) so sending several thousand dollars of books to the recycler burns us; yes, we get to write those books off, but the lost potential revenue is much larger than that.
So in the tradition of experimentation, we are making two types of bundles of these damaged books available before we recycle the remainder:
* "One of Everything" -- for only $100, you get one copy of Eclipse Phase, one copy of Sunward: The Inner System, one copy of Gatecrashing, and one copy of Panopticon: Volume 1. There are only five of these bundles available! ($180 total value)
As many of our French readers are probably already aware, Black Book Editions has made available the pre-release PDF for the French translation of Eclipse Phase. We're excited to see EP translated into another language for the first time!
Christian Sager from CNN's Geek Out recommended Eclipse Phase as his geekiest holiday gift:
It's after the apocalypse. Humanity's evolved beyond the skin and bones we were born with. Have you ever wanted to put your mind in a different body? Maybe one with improved physical capabilities? Or a different gender? What about a robot? Or even a octopus? All this and more is possible in the unique roleplaying game "Eclipse Phase," published by Posthuman Studios. My favorite gift this season was the almost 400 page Core Rulebook for this game of science fiction, conspiracy and horror.
- JET Online: Minds and Machines Special Issue
- How we will terraform Mars
- Riot shields that suffocate protesters with low frequency sounds
- Deciphering dolphin language
- Shrilk: cheap, biodegradable plastic alternative from arthropod cuticle
These and similar links can be found at http://delcious.com/infomorph